In order for SIGNLL to endorse a workshop or similar event, two criteria must be fulfilled:
- Relevance: The event must have a clear connection to the SIGNLL special interest area, i.e., computational natural language learning.
- Quality: The event should satisfy basic requirements on scientific quality concerning program committee, review procedure, etc.
The endorsement of an event by SIGNLL entails the following:
- Organizers must say that the event is endorsed by SIGNLL in their announcements (website, call for papers, call for participation, etc.).
- Organizers must put a link to the SIGNLL website (http://www.signll.org) on their website.
- Organizers may use the SIGNLL membership list (via the SIGNLL information officer) to distribute their announcements.
- If there are published proceedings, the organizers must mention in the proceedings that the event is endorsed by SIGNLL.
- If there are published proceedings included in the ACL Anthology, the proceedings will be listed under SIGNLL events.
- SIGNLL will put a link to the event website on the SIGNLL website.
The decision to endorse an event is taken by the SIGNLL steering committee and implemented by the SIGNLL officers.